As a cat owner, you will definitely wonder if chocolate is poisonous if your cat has eaten or licked it. Well, the answer is yes!
In fact, chocolate can be a real poison to your cat, the reason being cocoa, and especially theobromine, which it contains and which cats cannot properly dispose of, so that the substance accumulates in its body. Thus, the more cocoa is rich in cocoa, the more intense the poisoning.
So you should completely remove dark chocolate and milk chocolate from your cat’s diet, even in exceptional cases. White chocolate, on the other hand, contains very little theobromine but remains sweet, so you should avoid it! In fact, all sugary foods are dangerous for cats because they can cause serious health problems in the long run.
Symptoms of chocolate poisoning :
If your cat has eaten a tablespoon of chocolate, rest assured, you will not die. However, consult your vet quickly. Attention is advised to identify the first symptoms of possible poisoning: vomiting, severe salivation, diarrhea, hyperactivity, loss of balance, spasms, heart problems .. Remember that the smaller the animal, the greater the risk of poisoning !